Mera Peak is a mountain in the Mahalangur section, Barun sub-section of the Himalaya and administratively in Nepal’s Sagarmatha Zone, Solukhumbu District. At 6,476 metres (21,247 ft) it is classified as a trekking peak. It contains three main summits: Mera North, 6,476 meters (21,247 ft); Mera Central, 6,461 meters (21,198 ft); and Mera South, 6,065 meters (19,898 ft), as well as a smaller “trekking summit”, visible as a distinct summit from the south but not marked on most maps of the region.
The view from the summit is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8,000m peaks visible: Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga, as well as other Himalayan peaks linked below. The standard route from the north involves high altitude glacier walking. The ease of reaching this elevation may be its biggest danger but good weather and snow conditions are, of course, necessary for safety and success. The west and south faces of the peak offer more difficult technical routes.
Day 1:Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel in Thamel
Day 2:Shopping, climbing equipment checkup and briefing, in the evening group dinner
Day 3:Early morning fly to Lukla and trek to Chutanga(3060m)
Day 4:Trek to Thuli Kharka (3900m)
Day 5:Trek to Kote(4095m)
Day 6:Trek to Thangnak(4350m)
Day 7:Trek to Khare(5020m)
Day 8:Rest day in Khare
Day 9:Trek to Mera High Camp(5350m)
Day 10:Summit Mera Peak- North(6476m) and descend back to base camp
Dday 11:Trek back to Khare
Day 12:Trek back to Kote
Day 13:Trek back to Thuli kharka
Day 14:Trek to Luella
Day 15:Fly to Kathmandu
Day 16: Valley Sightseeing
Day 17:Shopping and free day
Day 18:Fly back to home
- Three nights hotel stay in Kathmandu with BB plan in normal 2 star-based hotel.
- Arrival and departures arrangement.
- Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu domestic air ticket.
- Mera peak Climb permit, national park fees and local government entry fee.
- Food and accommodation during the trek.
- One well experienced climbing guide.
- Porters, 2 people:1 porter, each member 15 kgs.
- All Climbing logistics to Island peak.
- Insurance for the guide and porter.
- Food, accommodation, salary, equipment and transportation to the guide and porter.
- All required government taxes and office charges.
- International air ticket
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Insurance for emergency evacuation and medical coverage.
- Alcohol, hot chocolates, shower, internet, electric charges during the trip.
- Climbing Sherpa Bonus (USD. 250) and tips for porter (USD. 100).