Lhotse is best known for its proximity to Mount Everest and at 8516 metres it is the 4th highest Peak in the world. The climbing route for the Lhotse Expedition follows the same route as the climb on Everest, including the aptly named Lhotse face almost all the way till Everest’s Geneva Spur from where it follows a steep climb through a long couloir to the summit.
Climbing Lhotse is an excellent alternative to the Everest Expedition while being much more affordable since the permit fees are much lower while offering a similar climb. Though it is often seen as a minor eight-thousander, Lhotse is a dramatic peak in its own right, due to its tremendous south face which rises 3.2 km in only 2.25 km of horizontal distance, making it the steepest face of this size in the world. The south face has been the scene of many failed Lhotse expeditions, some notable fatalities, and very few ascents. Climbing Lhotse can be done as an add on during an Everest expedition as well
07 April 2019 Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to hotel Norbulinka Boutique Hotel.
08 April 2019 Day 02: Preparing expedition for Lhotse-hotel
09 April 2019 Day 03: Briefing and meeting to discuss about the expedition.
10 April 2019 Day 04: Fly to Lukla & trek to Phakding –lodge
11 April 2019 Day 05: Phakding-Namche Bazaar3440m.lodge
12 April 2019 Day 06: Acclimatization day – day hiking -lodge
13 April 2019 Day 07: Namche – Tengboche 3800m. – lodge
14 April 2019 Day 08: Tengbuche-Pheriche 4243m. – lodge
15 April 2019 Day 09: Pheriche to Lobuche 4930meters- lodge
16 April 2019 Day 10: Lobuche – Everest B. C. 5360m. – camp
17 April – 31 May 2019 Day 11 – 55: Climbing Lhotse 8516m.
01 June 2019 Day 56: Everest base camp to Pheriche – lodge
02 June 2019 Day 57: Trek Pheriche to Namche Bazaar- lodge
03 June 2019 Day 58: Trek Namche – Lukla 2800meter – lodge
04 June 2019 Day 59: Fly Kathmandu- transfer to hotel-hotel
Note: The given itinerary can be modified.
- Arrival & departure:Airport to hotel and hotel to airport (Drop and pick Up)
- Hotel during stay in Kathmandu:Norbulinka Boutique or similar category hotel for four nights with bed and breakfast.
- Permits:Lhotse Climbing Permit, Sagarmatha National Park Fee and Local government entry fee.
- Khumbu Ice Fall & Rope Fixing Charge:Khumbu Ice fall fee to Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee(SPCC) and rope fixing charge.
- Liaison Officer: The charges for government Liaison Office with his/her fee, accommodation, transport, food and logistics.
- Garbage Management:Stool Shipment transfer and garbage deposit fees.
- Insurance:Medical & evacuation insurance for Climbing Sherpa & all involved Nepalese staff during the expedition period.
- Member Transportation:Kathmandu to Lukla by plane and Lukla to Kathmandu by plane.
- Expedition Stuff & member expedition luggage transportation:All the expedition equipment and member expedition luggage (60 Kilograms, two pieces each 30 Kilo) cargo from Kathmandu to Lukla by plane and Lukla to Base Camp by porters/ Yaks. After completing the expedition members luggage and expedition equipment by Yaks to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu by plane.
- Trekking:Lukla to Base Camp and Base camp to lukla trekking logistics and cost with guide and porter (Two members: One porter, so 15 kilograms each member).
- Food & Accommodation:Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on menu choice during the trek and whole period of the expedition for the members and for all the staff.
- Base Camp Staff:All required base camp staff along with professional expedition cook.
- Staff Salary & Allowance:All involved staff salary and allowance.
- Tents: Single tent at base camp along with dinning tent, toilet tent, shower tents and communication tent on sharing basis.
- Base Camp equipment:All the required base camp equipment along with Kitchen equipment, mattress and pillow, chairs, dining tables and other required equipment.
- Heater, generator, Solar and light at base camp.
- Internet:Internet Service can be available at base camp but subject to charge.
- Welcome and farewell dinner with the staff and company owners in Kathmandu in a fine restaurant.
- Comprehensive medical kits.
- Climbing Sherpa:One well experienced climbing Sherpa with his salary and allowance paid.
- Oxygen:Five bottles Summit Oxygen of 4 ltrs to member and 3 bottles for Climbing Sherpa.
- Mask & regulator set:One set summit brand mask and regulator to member and Sherpa.
- Weather Forecast:Weather forecast from Swiss meteotest and Nepal meteotest will be provided.
- High Camp Services:High Camp service like tents, food, high food, EPI gases, cooking cofel set will be fully provided.
- Satellite Phone:Satellite phone for emergency call, subject to charge for the call.
- Gamow bag:Gamow bag for emergency use will be available.
- All the required government taxes and company service charge.
- International air ticket.
- Nepal Entry visa fee, needs to be applied for 90 days.
- Lunch and dinner during stay in Kathmandu.
- Extra nights hotel’s stay in Kathmandu:Company provides only four nights hotel in Kathmandu, if early return or early arrival in Kathmandu and use more nights then need to pay self.
- Medical and rescue evacuation insurance, needs to be applied for entire expedition period.
- Personal climbing and trekking equipment.
- Toiletries:Soaps, Sampo, tissues papers, toothpaste and other items that keep you clean.
- Filming:Filming permit and special camera permit like Drone.
- Sherpa Summit Bonus of US$1200.
- Tips:Tips for Kitchen staff and porter.
- Extras: Any extra cost for extra service.