Although Mount Himlung is a gradual, less-technical climb, at 7126 meters it is a significant challenge in altitude. Annapurna Foothills Treks is gearing up for Spring and Autumn 2019 and 2020 summit expeditions to the remote Mt. Himlung. This Himalayan giant is a perfect peak for someone with basic mountaineering experience who is eager to try a high altitude mountain expedition. This region ( Naar and Phu villages) was only opened for tourists in 2001, and until now, few expeditions have discovered the majestic Mt. Himlung. This is an expedition of stunning scenery and fascinating culture. You pass through evergreen forests, springs and cavernous rocky gorges while surrounded by high snow-capped peaks and glaciers. The inhabitants of this remote area which reaches up to the border of Tibet have retained much of the traditional Tibetan culture and religious beliefs
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to Norbulinka Boutique Hotel
Day 2: Expedition preparation day and briefing about the expedition
Day 3: Early morning drive to Besisahar(760m) by bus and overnight in the lodge
Day 4: Drive to Koto (2600m by Jeep and overnight in Lodge.
Day 5: Trek from Koto to Meta(3560m) and overnight in Lodge
Day 6: Trek to Kyang(3840m) and overnight in lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Phu Gaun(3900m) and overnight in Lodge
Day 8: Acclimatization day in Phu Gaun
Day 9: Trek to Himlung Base Camp(4900m)
Day 10 to Day 23: Climbing Period (Himlung Himal-7126m)
Day 24: Trek back to Phu Gaun
Day 25: Trek back to Meta
Day 26: Trek back to Koto
Day 27: Drive to Besisahar
Day 28: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 29: Spare day in Kathmandu
Day 30: Fly back to home
- Arrival & departure:Airport to hotel and hotel to airport (Drop and pick Up)
- Hotel during stay in Kathmandu: Hotel for four nights with bed and breakfast.
- Permits:Himlung Climbing Permit, National Park Fee, Special Permit fee and Local government entry fee.
- Liaison Officer: The charges for government Liaison Office with his/her fee, accommodation, transport, food and logistics.
- Garbage Management:Stool Shipment transfer and garbage deposit fees.
- Insurance:Medical & evacuation insurance for Climbing Sherpa & all involved Nepalese staff during the expedition period.
- Member Transportation:Kathmandu to Besisahar by bus and Besisahar to Koto by Jeep.
- Expedition Stuff & member expedition luggage transportation:All the expedition equipment and member expedition luggage (60 Kilograms, two pieces each 30 Kilo) cargo from Kathmandu to Koto by Jeep and Koto to Base Camp by porters/ Yaks. After completing the expedition members luggage and expedition equipment by Yaks to Koto and Koto to Kathmandu by Jeep.
- Trekking:Kathmandu to Base Camp and Base camp to Kathmandu trekking logistics and cost with guide and porter (Two members: One porter, so 15 kilograms each member).
- Food & Accommodation:Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on menu choice during the trek and whole period of the expedition for the members and for all the staff.
- Base Camp Staff:All required base camp staff along with professional expedition cook.
- Staff Salary & Allowance:All involved staff salary and allowance.
- Base Camp Tents:Single tent at base camp along with dinning tent, toilet tent, shower tents and communication tent on sharing basis.
- Base Camp equipment:All the required base camp equipment along with Kitchen equipment, mattress and pillow, chairs, dining tables and other required equipment.
- Heater, generator, Solar and light at base camp.
- Internet:Internet Service can be available at base camp but subject to charge.
- Welcome and farewell dinner with the staff and company owners in Kathmandu in a fine restaurant.
- Comprehensive medical kits.
- Climbing Sherpa:One well experienced climbing Sherpa with his salary and allowance paid.
- Oxygen:Oxygen bottles for emergency use with mask and regulator subject to charge extras.
- Weather Forecast:Weather forecast from Swiss meteotest and Nepal meteotest will be provided.
- High Camp Services:High Camp service like tents, food, high food, EPI gases, cooking cofel set will be fully provided.
- Satellite Phone:Satellite phone for emergency call, subject to charge for the call.
- All the required government taxes and company service charge.
- International air ticket.
- Extra nights hotel’s stay in Kathmandu:Company provides only four nights hotel in Kathmandu, if early return or early arrival in Kathmandu and use more nights then need to pay self.
- Lunch and dinner during stay in Kathmandu.
- Medical and rescue evacuation insurance, needs to be applied for entire expedition period. This is mandatory for all the climbing members.
- Climbing gear and trekking equipment.
- Climbing Sherpa Summit Bonus of US$ 600if summit, and tips for kitchen staff.
- Toiletries:Soaps, Sampo, tissues papers, toothpaste and other items that keep you clean.
- Extras:Any extra cost for extra service.